Please click here for more information.
Orthodontic treatment for children
At Dr. Paul J. Styrt, Specialists in Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry, we believe that bringing your child into our clinic in La Jolla early on can help set them up for success in oral health – plus there’s the bonus of giving them a beautiful smile!
The right age for treatment
Early treatment allows us to:
- Correct and guide the growth of your child's jaw to help the permanent teeth come in straight
- Regulate the width of the upper and lower arches
- Create more space for crowded teeth
- Avoid the need for permanent tooth extractions later in life
- Correct thumb-sucking and help improve minor speech problems
What to look for
For parents, it's not always easy to know if your child needs orthodontic treatment. Here are a few things to look for that may mean your child needs to see an orthodontist:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth
- A hard time chewing or biting food
- Crowded, misplaced, or blocked teeth
- Jaws that pop or make sounds when opening and closing
- Teeth that come together abnormally, or do not come together at all
- Jaws and teeth that are not proportionate to the rest of the face
At Dr. Paul J. Styrt, Specialists in Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry, we specialize in pediatric dentistry. Find out more about the treatments we offer children in our pediatric dentistry section or by scheduling a consultation at our office in La Jolla.