Please click here for more information on our COVID Updates.
Orthodontic treatment for adults
Many adults are choosing to receive orthodontic treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance. At Dr. Paul J. Styrt, Specialists in Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry, we offer a variety of treatment options for our adult patients in La Jolla.
Treatment options for adults
For many adults, the thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage them from receiving treatment. However, we offer a variety of braces and appliances that are comfortable, aesthetic, and customized to meet your needs.
Treatment options we offer include:
- Invisalign® clear aligners (we are a Top 100 provider in the world!)
- Traditional metal braces
- Clear or ceramic braces
- Self-ligating braces
Adult orthodontic needs
The main difference to remember when treating adults or children and teens, is that in younger patients the jawbones are still developing. For adults, these bones have stopped growing, which may mean the possibility of orthognathic surgery to align the jawbones.
Other differences may include:
- Gum or bone loss (periodontal disease)
- Worn or missing teeth
- Incomplete orthodontic treatment as a teen
At Dr. Paul J. Styrt, Specialists in Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry, we recognize that adults and children have different needs and require a different level of attention and care. We will work with you to ensure you receive the most appropriate treatments, and that your needs are met with understanding and respect from us.
3 reasons to consider orthodontic treatment
- Straight teeth are healthy teeth — Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- A beautiful, straight smile builds confidence — Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
- Mouths left untreated can get worse — Not receiving orthodontic treatment when it's needed can create long-term health issues costing you more in the end.