Pediatric dentistry – what we offer
At Dr. Paul J. Styrt, Specialists in Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry, we want you and your child to feel at ease from the moment your family arrives at our practice in La Jolla. We believe in creating a strong foundation of oral health for your child, which includes visits with us and your family dentist.
Your child’s first dental visit
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommends children visit the dentist by their first birthday. It is important that your child's newly-erupted teeth (erupting at six to 12 months of age) receive proper dental care and benefit from proper oral hygiene habits right from the beginning.
Orthodontic treatment for children
We take particular interest in the oral health of children and offer a range of treatments to achieve the very best results we can, whatever orthodontic problem they may be experiencing. Some children may require two-phase treatment in order to assist in the misalignment of jaws.
Some of the orthodontic treatments we offer children include:
Special kids dentistry
When it comes to serving young patients with special needs, we are eager to help. Our pediatric children’s specialists have extensive experience in treating patients with special needs.
These are just a few of the ways we have developed a reputation for Special Kids Dentistry:
- We make your child feel special at every visit with a kid-friendly movie and lots of attention
- Our chairside manners are warm and caring
- Our specialists are doctors who are familiar with all medications and their interactions with the treatment. We offer oral and intravenous (iv) sedation. Our pediatric specialist will work with you to determine what is best for your child.
- In addition to our dentists, we utilize fully licensed, medical anesthesiologists. Our fully licensed medical doctors have over 45 years of collective experience and are with your child every moment of the appointment monitoring their vital signs.
- We offer a warm and welcoming environment with coffee, tea, spa water and current magazines, as well as free wi-fi
- We can perform dental and orthodontic procedures under sedation such as:
- Baby root canals