Jun 3, 2010
At Dr. Paul J. Styrt, Specialists in Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry, we know our patients love fun facts. Who doesn’t? The American Association of Orthodontists, or AAO, has come up with some fun facts about orthodontics that Dr. Paul Styrt and our staff thought you might enjoy. Have a splendid weekend, everybody!
• There are nearly 4 million people in orthodontic treatment throughout the United States. Three out of four are younger than 18.
• The first mechanical treatment for correcting irregular teeth was suggested by Gaius Plinius Secundus (A.D 23-79).The American Association of Orthodontists is comprised of more than 12,000 members in the United States, Canada and abroad.
• The time required to complete orthodontic treatment ranges from 12 to 36 months depending on the nature and severity of the problem.
• Of the 160,000 dentists in the United States and Canada, 8,000 are practicing orthodontists.
• The cement that attaches the braces to the teeth is now made with a special fluoride-releasing substance.
• Wires activated by body heat used in today’s braces originally were developed by NASA for use in the space program.
• In addition to alleviating or preventing physical health problems, orthodontics can boost self-esteem as treatment aligns teeth, jaws and lips.
• Famous orthodontic patients include: Dr. Joyce Brothers, Hale Irwin, Cher, Diana Ross, Phyllis Diller, Chelsea Clinton, Whoopi Goldberg, Daisy Fuentes and Brandi.
The Thumb Sucking Habit May 24th, 2017
Dr Styrt and all his staff are the best! Always professional, caring and extremely knowledgeable. Dr Styrt takes the time to explain everything...
I have been very impressed with the entire office. You do a super job of making us feel you care. Thank you. We love to refer your office to our friends and family.
We are very pleased and just love to refer your office to other people. Your staff is very polite and nice. There are a lot of fun contests and games for the children to enjoy. Everyone at my daughter’s school always says what a beautiful smile she has. Thank you.
My children and I just love coming in for appointments. It is truly a great office. Thank you.